Do you want to know how to write a check for 8000 dollars?
If yes, then your search comes to an ultimate end.
Here, in this article we’ll show you how to write a $8000 check correctly, so you never get into unnecessary trouble. After reading this step by step guide, you will not only learn the proper way to write 8000 dollars on check but also learn some important safety tips that you should take care of.
So, without further delay, let’s learn how you can write a $8000 check in proper order, from top to bottom.
See How to Write a Check For 8000
Here’s an overview of the perfect 8000 dollar check.
- Date: First, write the date at the top right hand-corner. Here write the current date in long form or in the format MM/DD/YYYY. For instance, You can write the date like “May 9, 2021” or “05/09/2021”.
- Pay To The Order Of (Payee Name): In this line, write the full name of the payee or recipient. This can be an individual’s first name and then last name, or it can be the name of an organization. Note: make sure you spell the full payee name correctly.
- Amount In Numeric Form (Dollar Box): Write 8000.00 in the dollar sign payment box. Don’t forget to write a decimal point between the dollars and the cents.
- Amount In Words (Dollars): In the next step, write “Eight thousand and 00/100” in the given dollar line. Then draw a horizontal line all the way across to the end.
- Signature: Now, Sign your name on the line at the bottom right corner to authorize the transaction.
- Memo Line (For): In the end, write the reason for the check, on the memo line in the lower left-hand corner. It’s usually helpful to write a note to remind you later what this check was for.
Also Read: How to Write a Check For 1000 Dollars
How to Write a Check for 8000 Dollars with Cents
To write a check for $8000 with cents, be sure to write the cents amount as a fraction over one hundred.
Example 1: Assume you need to write a check for Eight thousand dollars and twenty cents ($8000.20).
- Write “8000.20” in the dollar symbol box.
- Write “Eight thousand and 20/100” dollars word line.
Example 2: Eight thousand Dollars and Eighty Cents ($8000.80).
- Write “8000.80” in the dollar symbol box.
- Write “Eight thousand and 80/100” dollars word line.
Example 3: Eight thousand Dollars and sixty Cents ($8000.60).
- Write “8000.60” in the dollar symbol box.
- Write “Eight thousand and 60/100” dollars word line.
Example 4: Eight thousand Dollars and Ninety-nine Cents ($8000.99).
- Write “8000.99” in the dollar symbol box.
- Write “Eight thousand and 99/100” dollars word line.
Example 5: Eight thousand Dollars and Thirty-five Cents ($8000.35).
- Write “8000.35” in the dollar symbol box.
- Write “Eight thousand and 35/100” dollars word line.
Also Read: How to Write a Check For 100 Dollars
Frequently Asked Questions
Following are the answers to the various frequently asked questions relating to how to write a check for 8000.
1. How to write $8000 check to yourself?
Writing a $8000 check for yourself isn’t that difficult. Here’s what you have to do, step by step:
- Write the date in the top right hand-corner.
- Write your original legal full name next to “pay to the order of” line or just write the word “cash” to cash the check.
- Write 8000.00 next to the “$” sign.
- Write Eight thousand and 00/100 in words line.
- Sign the check with your own signature in the bottom signature line.
2. How to write $8000 check with zero cents?
- Write 8000.00 in the dollar symbol box.
- Write Eight thousand and 00/100 word line.
3. How to write Eight thousand dollars in numbers?
- Write the number of dollars (“8000”)
- Write a decimal point or period(“.”)
- Write the number of cents(“00”)
- Final output: 8000.00
4. How to spell 8000 dollars on a check?
- Write the dollar amount in words (“Eight thousand”)
- Write the word “and”
- Write the number of cents as a fraction over one hundred (“00/100”)
- Final output: Eight thousand and 00/100
General Safety Measures for Writing a $8000 check correctly
- Ensure all spellings are correct.
- Don’t make alterations or overwrite.
- Ensure the amount in words and figures match.
- Keep your checks safe from fraud; don’t leave extra spaces between words of figures.
- Ensure your signature matches the signature you provided to the bank.
- Do not write, fold, mark or pin on the code band of the check.
- Record all the details of the checks issued. You may need this information later.
Thank you for reading this guide on How to Write a Check For 8000 Dollars. We hope now you know “How to Write Eight thousand dollar check”. For any related queries please comment below.