Do you want to know how to write a check for 12 dollars?
If yes, then your search comes to an ultimate end.
Here, in this article we’ll show you how to write a $12 check correctly, so you never get into unnecessary trouble. After reading this step by step guide, you will not only learn the proper way to write 12 dollars on check but also learn some important safety tips that you should take care of.
For understanding the way to write a check for $12 correctly, we have a typical situation where you have to pay Mr. Rayan Wallace a sum of $12.00 dollar for house rent, assuming the payment date to be 09th May, 2021.
So, without further delay, let’s learn how you can write a $12 check in proper order, from top to bottom.
See How to Write a Check For 12
Here’s an overview of the perfect 12 dollar check.
- Date: First, write the date at the top right hand-corner. Here write the current date in long form or in the format MM/DD/YYYY. For instance, You can write the date like “May 09, 2021” or “05/09/2021”.
- Pay To The Order Of (Payee Name): In this line, write the full name of the payee or recipient. This can be an individual’s first name and then last name, or it can be the name of an organization. Note: make sure you spell the full payee name correctly.
- Amount In Numeric Form (Dollar Box): Write 12.00 in the dollar sign payment box. Don’t forget to write a decimal point between the dollars and the cents.
- Amount In Words (Dollars): In the next step, write “Twelve and 00/100” in the given dollar line. Then draw a horizontal line all the way across to the end.
- Signature: Now, Sign your name on the line at the bottom right corner to authorize the transaction.
- Memo Line (For): In the end, write the reason for the check, on the memo line in the lower left-hand corner. It’s usually helpful to write a note to remind you later what this check was for.
Also Read: How to Write a Check For 35 Dollars
How to Write a Check for 12 Dollars with Cents
To write a check for $12 with cents, be sure to write the cents amount as a fraction over one hundred.
Example 1: Assume you need to write a check for Twelve dollars and twenty cents ($12.20).
- Write “12.20” in the dollar symbol box.
- Write “Twelve and 20/100” dollars word line.
Example 2: Twelve Dollars and Eighty Cents ($12.80).
- Write “12.80” in the dollar symbol box.
- Write “Twelve and 80/100” dollars word line.
Example 3: Twelve Dollars and sixty Cents ($12.60).
- Write “12.60” in the dollar symbol box.
- Write “Twelve and 60/100” dollars word line.
Example 4: Twelve Dollars and Ninety-nine Cents ($12.99).
- Write “12.99” in the dollar symbol box.
- Write “Twelve and 99/100” dollars word line.
Example 5: Twelve Dollars and Thirty-five Cents ($12.35).
- Write “12.35” in the dollar symbol box.
- Write “Twelve and 35/100” dollars word line.
Also Read: How to Write a Check For 60 Dollars
Frequently Asked Questions
Following are the answers to the various frequently asked questions relating to how to write a check for 12.
1. How to write a $12 check to yourself?
Writing a $12 check for yourself isn’t that difficult. Here’s what you have to do, step by step:
- Write the date in the top right hand-corner.
- Write your original legal full name next to the “pay to the order of” line or just write the word “cash” to cash the check.
- Write 12.00 next to the “$” sign.
- Write Twelve and 00/100 in words line.
- Sign the check with your own signature in the bottom signature line.
2. How to write a $12 check with zero cents?
- Write 12.00 in the dollar symbol box.
- Write Twelve and 00/100 word lines.
3. How to write Twelve dollars in numbers?
- Write the number of dollars (“12”)
- Write a decimal point or period(“.”)
- Write the number of cents(“00”)
- Final output: 12.00
4. How to spell 12 dollars on a check?
- Write the dollar amount in words (“Twelve ”)
- Write the word “and”
- Write the number of cents as a fraction over one hundred (“00/100”)
- Final output: Twelve and 00/100
General Safety Measures for Writing a $12 check correctly
- Ensure all spellings are correct.
- Don’t make alterations or overwrite.
- Ensure the amount in words and figures match.
- Keep your checks safe from fraud; don’t leave extra spaces between words of figures.
- Ensure your signature matches the signature you provided to the bank.
- Do not write, fold, mark or pin on the code band of the check.
- Record all the details of the checks issued. You may need this information later.
Thank you for reading this guide on How to Write a Check For 12 Dollars. We hope now you know “How to Write a Twelve dollar check”. For any related queries please comment below.